Current bugs

Unable to cancel subscription during free trial period on iOS

I would like to get my subscription cancelled during the free trial period to avoid being charged. Your site said to go to Settings, iTunes & App Store, click on Apple ID, View Apple ID, Manage Subscriptions. However, Manage Subscriptions is not an option on this page.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Merinda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminLeila Anderson (Support Guru, Noom Inc.) responded  · 

Hey all! Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us here. We deeply, deeply apologize for all of the cancellation confusion, and completely understand why the experience has been so frustrating.

We’re seeing that many Noomers are purchasing multiple subscriptions, but our cancellation system is built to cancel the subscription associated with your account. Since only one subscription can be associated with a Noom account at any given time, the additional subscriptions remain active even though your primary subscription is canceled.

Please know that we have absolutely no intention of double charging, wrongfully charging, or keeping any additional funds. If you have been charged more than once, or have been charged after requesting to cancel within the 14-day trial period, please let us know at programsupport@noom.com so we can issue refunds accordingly and straighten things out.

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • debmcgann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started the free trial for you.. Immediately my brother in law passed shortly after and I caught the flu which has now resulted in pneumonia, so needless to say the end of the free trial just wasn't on my mind but you went right ahead today and charged my account without notice. I am furious and will report you to the BBB and send a cautionary review if my subscription is not cancelled and charge to me refunded within 48 hours. I have also requested this from my Noon coach Susannah. I don't know evie.

• Seika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am going to cancel my card and get a new one so I cannot be billed. Ridiculous that this company operates in this way.

• Seika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot get the app to run no matter what I do. It tells me my phone is not connected to the internet even when it is. I want to cancel my subscription before trail runs out but can't access the app to cancel. Noon really needs to have live customer service to deal with these issues. What can be done to cancel if I cannot get the app to run?

• jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a thieving, money stealing company! No wonder the reviews have been turned off on Facebook. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Your so called support is useless and only replies after you send NUMEROUS follow ups.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, charged prior to 14 days, trying to cancel, no response. Filing fraud charges with my back noe

• Nicki Pouncil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve been trying to cancel for days... I never received the email to verify the account so I can’t get that blue bubble thing to pop up... my iPhone was reset and I’ve been trying to log back in but now it’s saying it doesn’t recognize my email address :(

I cancelled my noom subscription just now and received an email from their support department saying that my subscription has been canceled. Waiting 'til the end of my subscription if my credit will be charged.

• Danielle Bassett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I canceled well within my 14 day trial and weeks later got charged 149 dollars!!! I want my money back!! This app is a hack!!

• stace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF YOU USED PAYPAL - YOU CAN CANCEL THROUGH THERE PRIOR TO THE MONEY BEING REMOVED FROM YOUR CARD.

Here is from Paypal website:

Cancelling a subscription cancels all future scheduled payments of that subscription. A subscription can be cancelled up until the day of the next scheduled payment.

Click the Profile icon next to "Log out" and select Profile and settings.
        Select My money.
        In the My preapproved payments section, click Update.
        Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
        Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.

I was not given a 14 day trial as I was supposed to call Garcinia in 5 days after receiving the product to cancel but would not allow me to get a refund.

• Mary Tardif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi this is my last day of noo. I even wrote it in my cale dar i cant cancel ive tried contacting my coach and customer support no one gets back to me and they charged me! Id like a refund! Now!

• Joslyn Wakefield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went through the same thing. I set up an account in noon coach but when I try to log in it says it can not find my account. Contacted the support they told me to click forgot password did that plenty of times, created account, retrieve password still nothing and I told them to cancel me out since I can not go in the app myself to and I still get charged 149.00 and could not once access the app or any information. So what did I get charged for if I could not get in to my account and cancel myself out or be able to utilize the app.

• jolenerheault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those wanting to report to the BBB, you can do so here:https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fodrcomplaint.bbb.org%2Fodrweb%2Fpublic%2Fourbbbqualificationquestions.aspx%3Fbbbid%3D16%26businessid%3D150555&h=ATPcSoZ6Z9QVOvB1TVVc8pqQxPvHeWcuRbUFY3VHKx5Td1Jd7bgCZzihqgWFoXbqMjpwn2bQFJL-WJrVBSQRC1orHRc7U4ZGM6VzhRjMiApviMK8miqCNxdUFI-APSLB6fmBLV4ppuJJzlYjdwmlfKGxCFu8sC4

I'm still waiting for my bank's claim department to investigate. I tried to cancel and had no luck and was still charged.

I tried reaching out to the company's CEO but no luck there either, apparently he's a real slacker according to google.

I want my $149 refunded. I did not sign up for this service. I checked to see if I accidentally did and the online app said there was no record of my email on file, and yet I was charged. I even looked on the subscriptions on my iPhone, there is no record of your company on it.

• amara_eser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve tried canceling my subscription DAYS before the free trial ended and requested countless times to be refunded for the upgraded service I did not recieve because I want to cancel and I haven’t heard back from them. The same stupid generic email response saying “don’t forget to check your spam” yeah well I checked my spam and my trash and my inbox and emailed my coach and nothing. Give me my money back or I will submit a chargeback.

• Alayah Abraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t have a clue how to cancel my two week free trial on readit which is like yarn and hooked after the trial I have to pay $2.00 and I’m basically broke because I’m still a kid.

• LouLou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried to follow the instructions to cancel on the Android app, but don't have the chat icon showing. I have now been charged for a full year. I still don't have a program on the app, so have now been charged for something I can't even use. I think this is in breach of the Australian Consumer Law

I cancelled my account and I still got charged...and I can't even find a way to re-cancel it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base