Current bugs

Unable to cancel subscription during free trial period on iOS

I would like to get my subscription cancelled during the free trial period to avoid being charged. Your site said to go to Settings, iTunes & App Store, click on Apple ID, View Apple ID, Manage Subscriptions. However, Manage Subscriptions is not an option on this page.

15 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MerindaMerinda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Leila AndersonAdminLeila Anderson (Support Guru, Noom Inc.) responded  · 

Hey all! Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us here. We deeply, deeply apologize for all of the cancellation confusion, and completely understand why the experience has been so frustrating.

We’re seeing that many Noomers are purchasing multiple subscriptions, but our cancellation system is built to cancel the subscription associated with your account. Since only one subscription can be associated with a Noom account at any given time, the additional subscriptions remain active even though your primary subscription is canceled.

Please know that we have absolutely no intention of double charging, wrongfully charging, or keeping any additional funds. If you have been charged more than once, or have been charged after requesting to cancel within the 14-day trial period, please let us know at programsupport@noom.com so we can issue refunds accordingly and straighten things out.

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SAME. this is total crap. The product is crap. Nowhere do they say it's subscription based. I can't get anyone to help and have filed a dispute with PayPal. Disgusting.

• cegceg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 'response' from Noom is absurd. I didn't register for more than one account, and I cancelled after only a day of use. They didn't respond until after I filed a claim with the better business bureau. Noom is, hands down, a scam. Don't download, don't register, and certainly don't give them your bank information.

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same thing here! Cannot even find evidence that I signed up for a trial.

• FGFG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got caught in Noom's scam? I also tried to cancel within the 2 week free trial and encountered the same issues. No phone number, no coach response, an email response that referred me back to the instructions that don't work....so I called PayPal and told them of my issue. Because I contacted PayPal BEFORE the account was charged, PayPal was able to head the charge off at the pass...and I will not be charged.

So, if you are smart and used PayPal as your payment method, call PayPal before you are charged to avoid what has happened to all the people commenting below me.

• cegceg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also had this problem, and just filed a fraud charge with my bank and also reported to the BBB. This is ridiculous! I had confirmation from someone in the app that it was cancelled. There is no way to log in and cancel, you have to tell someone so I would assume it would be valid. Very, very unhappy. File with the BBB! It takes 5 minutes and will hopefully stop this from happening to others.

• CrystalCrystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I canceled my trial period the same day I signed up and was still charged $99.00. I had to file a dispute with PayPal for a refund. This is ridiculous you can't contact anyone, I could not find a phone number, etc. Has anyone gotten their money back?

• AJAJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone had any success getting these charges cleared up?

• clareclare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just been charged for a Noom subscription, against my wishes, after a free trial which I tried to cancel. There appears to be no way to contact them. I have asked Pay Pal to open a dispute.

• AA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't absolutely ridiculous. Same problem, no answer from anyone, and I can't cancel.

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. No response at all. I will be very annoyed if the money is taken. What can we do

• KellyKelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem and dick of going in circles. I will address with my credit card company and I also plan on voicing this issue with the BBB.

• jodyjody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. Just sent my coach a message to see if I can get anywhere with her.

• TracyTracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant even find a log in page for the 14 day free trial I signed up for. now I am trying to cancel luckily I went through pay pal so I will be making a call to them to cancel any charges but yes I cant find any contact information other than an email. no phone number, just trying to find a way to log into my account and it just keeps taking back to the sign up page. this is fraudulent and needs to be taken down fast.

• GraceGrace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue and have not been able to cancel. I have written three messages to their support address and have received a form letter response which has not been helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been trying to cancel the free trial for over a week with no response. Now I've been charged. I have talked to my bank and will be filing a fraud charge back on you. I will also be reporting you to the Consumer Fraud department in my county, the Better Business Bureau and Consume Protection Agency. I will ask one last time before filing paperwork. You have 24 hours to make this charge go away. I will also be reporting this fraud to my local police department.

• KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issues- Please help! My coach is not responding to my cancel request.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base