Current bugs

Unable to cancel subscription during free trial period on iOS

I would like to get my subscription cancelled during the free trial period to avoid being charged. Your site said to go to Settings, iTunes & App Store, click on Apple ID, View Apple ID, Manage Subscriptions. However, Manage Subscriptions is not an option on this page.

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Merinda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminLeila Anderson (Support Guru, Noom Inc.) responded  · 

Hey all! Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us here. We deeply, deeply apologize for all of the cancellation confusion, and completely understand why the experience has been so frustrating.

We’re seeing that many Noomers are purchasing multiple subscriptions, but our cancellation system is built to cancel the subscription associated with your account. Since only one subscription can be associated with a Noom account at any given time, the additional subscriptions remain active even though your primary subscription is canceled.

Please know that we have absolutely no intention of double charging, wrongfully charging, or keeping any additional funds. If you have been charged more than once, or have been charged after requesting to cancel within the 14-day trial period, please let us know at programsupport@noom.com so we can issue refunds accordingly and straighten things out.

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alayah Abraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t have a clue how to cancel my two week free trial on readit which is like yarn and hooked after the trial I have to pay $2.00 and I’m basically broke because I’m still a kid.

• LouLou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried to follow the instructions to cancel on the Android app, but don't have the chat icon showing. I have now been charged for a full year. I still don't have a program on the app, so have now been charged for something I can't even use. I think this is in breach of the Australian Consumer Law

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cancelled my account and I still got charged...and I can't even find a way to re-cancel it.

• Lisa Shores commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to get out of the free trail. My phone and the app are compatible. There is no way for me to cancel this is very frustrating!!!! Help?

• rachel.m.anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same comment as everyone else. Noom doesn't seem to actually have a way to cancel subscriptions. I was able to turn off authorization on paypal so I should not get charged again. But meanwhile, I'm out $59 for a crappy product that I never used.

• Wkp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem and I can't get through to any person to help me. I don't even have an account or "access code" and would like a full refund for the 2 accounts I was charged for .

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SAME. this is total crap. The product is crap. Nowhere do they say it's subscription based. I can't get anyone to help and have filed a dispute with PayPal. Disgusting.

• ceg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 'response' from Noom is absurd. I didn't register for more than one account, and I cancelled after only a day of use. They didn't respond until after I filed a claim with the better business bureau. Noom is, hands down, a scam. Don't download, don't register, and certainly don't give them your bank information.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same thing here! Cannot even find evidence that I signed up for a trial.

• FG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got caught in Noom's scam? I also tried to cancel within the 2 week free trial and encountered the same issues. No phone number, no coach response, an email response that referred me back to the instructions that don't work....so I called PayPal and told them of my issue. Because I contacted PayPal BEFORE the account was charged, PayPal was able to head the charge off at the pass...and I will not be charged.

So, if you are smart and used PayPal as your payment method, call PayPal before you are charged to avoid what has happened to all the people commenting below me.

• ceg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also had this problem, and just filed a fraud charge with my bank and also reported to the BBB. This is ridiculous! I had confirmation from someone in the app that it was cancelled. There is no way to log in and cancel, you have to tell someone so I would assume it would be valid. Very, very unhappy. File with the BBB! It takes 5 minutes and will hopefully stop this from happening to others.

• Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I canceled my trial period the same day I signed up and was still charged $99.00. I had to file a dispute with PayPal for a refund. This is ridiculous you can't contact anyone, I could not find a phone number, etc. Has anyone gotten their money back?

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone had any success getting these charges cleared up?

• clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just been charged for a Noom subscription, against my wishes, after a free trial which I tried to cancel. There appears to be no way to contact them. I have asked Pay Pal to open a dispute.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't absolutely ridiculous. Same problem, no answer from anyone, and I can't cancel.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base